Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement governs the practices of Lemieux Group LP (the "Pittsburgh Penguins", the operator of pittsburghpenguins.com) and its affiliates, which include Team Lemieux LLC, Lemieux Development LP and WBS Hockey LP (collectively, the "Penguin Parties", "us", "our" and "we"). The Penguin Parties are committed to undertaking reasonable measures to protect the privacy and security of all of the personal information that is provided to us. Please read the following description of our policies and practices regarding your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
• The Penguin Parties and their agents and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances. For example, when you visit pittsburghpenguins.com, we may collect personal information from you such as name, home address, e-mail address, age, favorite Pittsburgh Penguins player(s), purchase history, products used or searched for, phone number used to call customer service and credit card information for purposes such as events and contests; registrations for our newsletter, video highlights and video offerings, chat room and bulletin board; and participation in other promotions and interactive online activities. We may collect personal information with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
• We may use your personal information such as your name, home address and e-mail address to send marketing communications to you. We may use other personal information you provide, such as your favorite player, to send you particular communications that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also share personal information amongst the Penguin Parties for this same purpose. While most of our fans appreciate receiving marketing communications and having their personal information available to us, we respect the right of each fan to control how his or her personal information is used. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt out when the personal information is collected or by following the opt out instructions contained in the marketing communications you receive from us. Additionally, you can opt not to receive information from the Penguin Parties at any time by filling out the form on https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=penprofile to update your profile.
• We may also use your personal information such as your name, home address and e-mail address to send you offers from our marketing partners and other business partners, and we may share such personal information with certain of these partners so that they may send you offers directly, if you have opted to receive information from such partners.
• If you have opted not to receive communications from us, we may share that information with third parties who send communications relating to our products or services to ensure that you do not receive those communications.
• Personal information may be used or disclosed among the Penguin Parties for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes.
• We do provide personal information to agents who perform services for us or supply goods (such as fulfillment companies). These agents are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purposes other than as directed by the Penguin Parties, subject to requirements in relevant jurisdictions, including foreign jurisdictions, applicable to those organizations. For example, we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. We may also employ other companies (including Market Researchers) and individuals to perform functions such as fulfilling orders, customizing products, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, performing credit checks and approvals, detecting fraudulent orders, processing credit card payments, collecting on delinquent accounts and providing customer service, and we may share your personal information with these companies and individuals. In addition, we may use information automatically collected from you, including the telephone number used to call customer service and information collected through cookies, for uses such as customer service and detection of fraudulent orders.
• We may also use aggregated, non personally identifying information collected from you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and generally to improve the website and better tailor it to meet your needs.
• Personal information may be used by the Penguin Parties and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of the Penguin Parties or our activities or assets, including for the purpose of permitting such parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with such transaction and to fulfill reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to such parties. In the event that all or part of the Penguin Parties or our activities or assets is sold, assigned or otherwise disposed of, personal information we have collected will be used and disclosed by such parties for substantially the same purposes as described in this statement.
• We also use personal information for: maintaining records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our activities; meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
• The Penguin Parties may otherwise disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit and security requirements, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
• If you would like more information on our personal information sharing practices or the choices you have with regard to your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and web sites
• Web servers operated by us, and by third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect non-personal information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for various purposes, such as tailoring our web site content, targeting promotional messages, and assessing the amount of traffic to various parts of our web site. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
• Consent may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney). When you voluntarily provide us with your personal information, we assume you consent to its collection, use and disclosure in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as described at the time of collection, subject to any uses and disclosures you have opted not to participate in. In some circumstances, we may expressly request your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or provide you with an opportunity to opt out of certain uses or disclosures of your personal information. In some limited circumstances where permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, for example, to collect a debt that you owe to us, to comply with a court order or to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
• We have adopted reasonable security measures, appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction of personal information. These measures may include technological, physical and organizational methods of security.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
• We maintain a file of the personal information you provide, which is accessible at [ADD]. Only authorized employees and agents of the Penguin Parties who need access to your personal information in the course of their duties will have access to the information. Upon written request, you have the right to access your file and to challenge or request correction of any erroneous or out-of-date personal information about you that is in our possession or control. In some limited circumstances, we may not be able to grant you access to your information, for example, if doing so would threaten the security of another individual. If you wish to access your personal information in the possession/control of the Penguin Parties or make corrections to it, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• If you have any comments, complaints or questions about our privacy or security practices or about your information that is in our possession/control, including its accuracy or integrity, or if you wish to change your preferences as to how we use the information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The pittsburghpenguins.com website is operated by Lemieux Group LP, our affiliates and corporate sponsors. All questions about our policies related to children's personal information and our personal information sharing practices should be directed to email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
• Pursuant to California law, certain customers who are California residents have a right to prevent disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes of the customer’s personal information that he/she provided to us. Those customers may do so by filling out the form on [ADD] to update their profile, and we extend this right to all other customers as well.
Changes to Privacy Statement
• The Penguin Parties reserve the right to modify this Statement at any time. If this Statement is modified, we will post the modified Statement and the date of the modification on this website. Please review this Statement from time to time to ensure your familiarity with its terms. Your continued use of the pittsburghpenguins.com website constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this Statement, as amended from time to time. This Statement relates to all on-line and off-line activities of the Penguin Parties.
Children's Privacy Statement (users under 13 years old)
• At pittsburghpenguins.com, we take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. It is the intention of Lemieux Group LP, the operator of this website, and the other Penguin Parties to fully comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and the Guidelines promulgated by the Children's Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau.
• In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 ("children") via the website, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting personal information on the website, such as in our fan chat rooms. We do not require children to register or to otherwise disclose personal information to participate in the activities in the KIDS section of our website.• From time to time, we may offer children the opportunity to enter promotions or contests via the pittsburghpenguins.com website. In those cases, the child will be asked only to provide an email address, as well as his or her parent's email address. Upon receipt of the information, we will send an email to the parent indicating that the child has registered, providing information on the program and giving instruction on how the parent can remove the child from the promotion or contest. We will then use the information only to notify the contest winners and their parents that they have won. We require that the winner's parent provide us with all information needed to award the prize. Information collected during the contest will not be used or stored after the contest ends, other than as needed for legal requirements in connection with the promotion. In no event will pittsburghpenguins.com collect any personal information from children in connection with an on-line contest or promotion other than email address and parent's email address. In no event will pittsburghpenguins.com use the personal information other than for purposes of awarding contest prizes.
• We may also post information on the website about other promotions or contests that are open to children but that require other personal information (such as home address or favorite hockey player) to enter. For these contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from the website and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to independently provide personal information via the website or to enter these contests online.
None of NHL ICE, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the National Hockey League and its other member clubs, nor any of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, have any control of, or responsibility or liability for, our use, disclosure, storage or transmission of any information collected through our websites.