Penguins Report: Game Day vs. Chicago
Sunday, 03.30.2014 / 9:55 AM ET / Penguins Report
- Morning skate details
- Lineup/injury notes
- Quote 'em
- Locker room interview
- Pens-Hawks infographic
- Blackhawks skate info
- Blackhawks scouting report
- Pens pics
- Diaper drive
- Start the day
BEHIND ENEMY LINES
#Pens will probably face their first No. 1 goalie in five games. Corey Crawford was first Blackhawks goalie off the ice.— Wes Crosby (@OtherNHLCrosby) March 30, 2014
LOCKER ROOM SOUND
Head coach Dan Bylsma had a few updates on his team...
- Joe Vitale (mid-body injury) skated today. His status is week-to-week.
- Paul Martin is still scheduled for an X-ray this weekend
- Marc-Andre Fleury starting tonight vs. Chicago
Fun little smile from the head coach
Bortuzzo with a nice shiner under his eye
Despres rips into a shot
Kunitz and Bylsma stare at a patch of ice. Waiting for it to dry.
--Sam Kasan & Addison Smith
On Sunday, March 30, wives and girlfriends of Pittsburgh Penguins players and coaches will accept donations of diapers and cash at the American Eagle gate, Trib Total Media gate and Verizon gate of CONSOL Energy Center before the Penguins-Blackhawks game. Fans who make a donation at CONSOL Energy Center will receive 15 PensPoints and an opportunity to win autographed Pens memorabilia.
All donations will help the Western Pennsylvania Diaper Bank continue its mission to help babies and we encourage each fan to provide an assist for the youngest and most vulnerable members of our community – our children.
MORNING SKATE INFO
All the Pens healthy players were at the team's morning skate, as well as defenseman Kris Letang. The group used the following workflow...
PP1: Jokinen and Niskanen on points. Crosby, Neal and Kunitz down low.
PP2: Orpik and Maatta on points. Bennett, Stempniak and Sutter down low.
BLACKHAWKS SCOUTING REPORT
START THE DAY
Good morning hockey fans. Tonight the Pens will host the Chicago Blackhawks at CONSOL Energy Center. This will be the Hawks first visit to Pittsburgh since Dec. 20, 2011. Here are some game notes to get you ready for the game...
- The Penguins host the Chicago Blackhawks (TV: NBC Sports Network; Radio: 105.9 the X) at CONSOL Energy Center.
- Tonight the Penguins are hoping to end the team’s three-game home losing streak.
- This is Chicago’s first visit to Pittsburgh since the Penguins notched a 3-2 win on Dec. 20, 2011. In that game, Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 36-of-38 shots (.947 SVP) and Matt Niskanen had a pair of assists.
- The Penguins have a nine-game home unbeaten streak against the Blackhawks (6-0-3).
- Overall, the Penguins are 3-1-2 in their last six meetings against the Blackhawks. Five of the six games have been one-goal affairs.
- Tonight marks just the second time in his career that Sidney Crosby will face the Blackhawks here in Pittsburgh. In his only other meeting, a 5-4 Penguins victory on Feb. 14, 2007 (the first game of the Penguins’ active 322-game consecutive sellout streak), Crosby notched one assist in 22:13 minutes.
Stick tap: Pens PR