Penguins Report: Game Day at Boston
- Game day report
- Lineup/Injury updates
- Morning skate info
- PensTV sound
- Pens' quotes
- Bruins details
- Pens morning skate pics
- Pens-Bruins preview
- Plays of the week
- "I've had dreams of Boston all of my life..."
GAME DAY REPORT
Head coach Dan Bylsma had a few notes on his team after the morning skate...
- Bennett and Glass are both "longer-term" injuries and beyond a day-to-day status
- The Pens recalled Sill and Ebbett from WBS
- Fleury will start in goal
PENS SKATE PICS
Who's taking that epic wind-up? Matt D'Agostini!
Now it's Paul Martin's turn to wind up from the point.
The players gather around coach Bylsma to get the rundown.
Ganging up on Jeff Zatkoff.
James Neal bears down on Marc-Andre Fleury. Nealer is heating up with three goals and six points in his last three games.
A 2-on-0 rush with Dupuis and Gibbons
The Pens are back at Boston's TD Garden for the first time since getting their season ended there in June.
--Michelle Crechiolo and Sam Kasan
Lines same, as per usual. Lucic-Krejci-Iginla, Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson, Söderberg-Kelly-Smith, Paille-Campbell-Thornton ^CS— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) November 25, 2013
Defense pairs during rushes: Chara-Hamilton, Krug-Boychuk, Bartkowski-Miller. Seidenberg-McQuaid ^CS— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) November 25, 2013
MORNING SKATE INFO
Forward Tanner Glass, who suffered an upper-body injury in Saturday's 3-2 loss to the Canadiens, was not on the ice for morning skate. Neither was winger Beau Bennett, who did not make the trip with the team and was placed on injured reserve Sunday after leaving Friday's game against the NY Islanders in the third period. Forwards Zach Sill and Andrew Ebbett, recalled from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday, did participate.
The Pens used the following workflow this morning...
PLAYS OF THE WEEK
START THE GAME
Good morning hockey fans! Tonight the Pens are in Beantown to battle the Boston Bruins at TD Garden. Here are some quick takeaways for the contest…
- The Penguins conclude a brief two-game road trip against the Boston Bruins (TV: ROOT SPORTS; Radio: 105.9 the X) at TD Garden.
- Pittsburgh has a seven-game regular-season winning streak against Boston dating back to Feb. 4, 2012.
- The Penguins have gone 9-1 in their last 10 regular-season matchups with Boston. Pittsburgh has held Boston to two or fewer goals in eight of the 10 games. The Bruins have 20 total goals in those 10 games.
- All four regular-season games between the Penguins and Bruins dating back to last season have been one-goal affairs.
- Pittsburgh enters tonight’s game with a six-game winning streak at TD Garden dating back to March 18, 2010. In those six games the Penguins have outscored the Bruins 19-10.
- The Penguins have scored at least one power-play goal in three-straight visits to TD Garden (5-for-13; 38.5%).
- Brandon Sutter has points in five of his last eight games against Boston (4G-3A-7PTS), including four goals over his past five games.
- Chris Kunitz has a seven-game point streak against Boston (3G-4A) dating back to Feb. 4, 2012.
Stick tap: Pens PR
We'll start the day with a little ditty by Vampire Weekend: "Boston (Ladies of Cambridge)." Enjoy.