Pens Support ‘Hockey Fights Cancer'
Penguins players will wear special purple jerseys in pre-game warm-ups Wednesday as part of the team’s “Hockey Fights Cancer” night at CONSOL Energy Center. The jerseys will then be autographed and auctioned after the game at nhl.com, with proceeds benefitting the Mario Lemieux Foundation and the UPMC CancerCenter Patient Assistance Fund.
The Pens host the Boston Bruins Wednesday at 8 p.m.
Among the team’s other initiatives supporting Hockey Fights Cancer:
• The spine of CONSOL Energy Center will be lit purple (facing Washington Place)
• The Gulf Tower beacon will be lit purple.
• Coaches, broadcasters and Penguins staff will be wearing Hockey Fights Cancer ties.
• Penguins’ wives and girlfriends will be selling “Mystery Pucks” for $50 on the concourse, with proceeds benefitting the Mario Lemieux Foundation and the UPMC CancerCenter Patient Assistance Fund.
• Hockey Fights Cancer merchandise will be on sale at the PensGear store.