Fan Guide vs. Montreal
Friday, 03.11.2011 / 9:00 PM ET / Features
For fans that are heading to CONSOL Energy Center on Saturday, March 12 for the Penguins’ 2:00 p.m. game against the Montreal Canadiens, here are some key points of information:
- Doors will open at 12:30 pm for the 2:00 pm start
- The Penguins will wear their dark blue 2011 Winter Classic jerseys
- Pittsburgh’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will take place Saturday morning beginning at 10 am. The parade route will stretch from the intersection of Liberty Avenue and 11th Street (Greyhound Bus Station) to the reviewing stand located Downtown on the Boulevard of the Allies at Stanwix Street. Please allow extra time if you travel through Downtown Pittsburgh on the way to the game.
- Fans are encouraged to bring new or gently used children’s books for the Penguins’ “Children’s Book Collection” to benefit the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Donations will be accepted at the Trib Total Media Gate, American Eagle Gate and Verizon Gate through the start of the first period. Fans who donate will be eligible to win Penguins memorabilia.
- Stop by the “Carvery” located by Section 107 to purchase one of tonight’s special chef-prepared creations:
- Montreal Smoked Meat - Marble rye, spicy mustard, Swiss cheese
- Chicken Lo Mein - Lo mein noodles, peppers, broccoli, carrots, pea pods, teriyaki glaze
- Visit PensGear to purchase tonight’s “Item of the Game” – Take 30% off a regularly priced baseball cap with the purchase of any t-shirt!
- Listen for instructions on how to participate in the Penguins Drive Away Survey during the second intermission for a chance to win a 3-year lease on a Subaru Outback 2.5i courtesy of the Penguins and the Power of Bowser.
- Log into the in-arena portion of the Penguins Mobile for your chance to win an autographed Zbynek Michalek puck! Click here for more information