20 FANS WIN THE 'SHIRTS OFF OUR BACKS' ON FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT
Other prizes included a 2-year lease on VW Jetta; Honda Dirtbike; 52” HD-ILA TV; Crosby, Fleury autographed memorabilia
Twenty lucky fans won the “Shirts Off Our Backs” as part of the Pittsburgh Penguins’ annual Fan Appreciation Night on Monday, April 17, when the Pens defeated the New York Islanders 6-1 at Mellon Arena.
At the conclusion of the game, 20 fans selected at random walked onto the ice and received the jerseys worn by Penguins players during the game. Each Penguins player presented his jersey in person, signed an autograph and posed for a photo.
Other prizes, featuring a two-year lease on a Volkswagen Jetta from the Pittsburgh Area Volkswagen Dealers, and a Honda Dirtbike and ATV courtesy of Tom Clark Motorsports, were awarded to lucky fans during the game – along with autographed Penguins memorabilia from Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury, among others.
The list of prizes included:
• JVC 52” HD-ILA Rear Projection TV
• JVC “40 1080p LCD HDTV
• Sidney Crosby autographed jersey
• Southwest Airlines airfare for two
• JVC DVD Digital Theater System
• Two-night stay at the Pittsburgh City Center Marriott on Friday/Saturday; dinner for two at the Steelhead Brasserie and Wine Bar
• Marc-Andre Fleury autographed jersey
• Sidney Crosby autographed stick
• Claddagh’s $200 gift certificate
•Hundreds of other prizes and memorabilia worth more than $50,000.